Wednesday 2 May 2007

Mediacorp's Radio Interview with Off Centre's director Alvin Tan

An interview done by Mediacorp Radio with Off centre's (refer to the last blog entry for more information) director Alvin Tan about their journey and research that went into this play.

Read the interview here
http://www.rsi.sg/english/artsarena/view/20070426170427/1/.html


My thoughts.

I had the opportunity and privilege to hear and speak to Mr Alvin personally a couple of days ago spoke about his own experiences and story regarding his brother and his family. I won't go into details but it was heartwarming to hear from him his brother's route to recovery and will to live, as well as the support and patience his brother has received from their parents. I could see that it couldn't have been easy all these while for their family and I truly wish them well and hope that the play would help spread more awareness of mental illness.

Thank you Mr Alvin for sharing with me.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter